How Can I Help?
Find out what you can do with us
Projects like ours not only grow but thrive when we have input from community, professionals and local support. People are stronger together rather than as individuals, and that spare hour you have each week or burgeoning talent you want to share could be the way to contributing to your town's future.
- In these development stages we would love more people to talk to about the project and bounce ideas and thoughts around with. We have conducted numerous focus groups with a range of ages and backgrounds in the last year or so, but always welcome more! If you would like your school, team or local group or organisation to be visited by the team to conduct a discussion and feedback session, please do not hesitate to get in touch via our Contact form. We can come to you and fit around your schedule, so why not get involved in our borough's regeneration and who knows, maybe your idea will become a reality!
- Our town is brimming with talent. If you are handy with a camera and have some amazing shots of Porthcawl and want to showcase them- let us know. Feel as if your voice should be heard? Write a feature blog for us! Think you have some hidden treasure in your attic about an era forgotten that should be seen, have some knowledge on coastal marine life or just want to share your professional advice; it's all appreciated. Your expertise and talents are just as valuable as a written cheque.
- We are looking to recruit our very own 'Maritime Makers' to volunteer their time to give out information, direct people and help with general day-to-day tasks once the building is underway. This would be a fantastic opportunity for students who are seeking voluntary work to add to their CV's and University applications. We already have young adults aiding us in the Welsh translation of all public material. Please drop us an email if interested.
- Our biggest goal is to have organic community support. We started this project as something for all kinds of people in the borough and we want that to carry through to the final moment! Word of mouth and genuine belief is a powerful tool in what we are trying to achieve together and, spreading these ideas along with something that is truly infectious- positivity!
- On a business level, we have an open door policy and welcome anyone local or regional to present any services or collaboration they feel would be mutually beneficial to both parties. We want to include as many local businesses as possible and welcome anyone who feels that they can be involved. Please do get in touch with us!